Prevention Of Sports Injuries
Sports, especially extreme ones, are always a risk of increased injury. However, the general rules of prevention of sports injuries do not depend on the sport. They are very simple and clear, their observance at times reduces the risk of injury, but, nevertheless, many of them are, unfortunately, ignored, which we pay with our own health for.
Terms prevention of sports injuries
- One that comes to the training should be focused and attentive, he or she should think only of the training process, to focus on the exercises and not be distracted by conversations and on the sides.
- It's important to know the safety precautions of the sport, in which one is engaged. For example, you can not sit with your back to the mat.
- Check the quality of fixtures and inventory covering of the hall before each workout. We can not allow a slippery floor or hanging from a bad bulb, frayed rope in the simulator or torn mats.
- Wear the right clothes and shoes of good quality, which correspond to your the size.
- Observe good personal hygiene at all times. Under no circumstances should there be regrown nails, carefully dry the shoes and clothes after every workout.
- Be sure to warm up well before the training process, as a good warm-up will help prevent sprains and torn ligaments, increases range of motion and improve the quality of training as a whole.
- Monitor the proper implementation of techniques and equipment movements. Each new movement must be learnt slowly, to allow the body to adapt to the new stresses.
- Observe the mode of the day and adequately calculate the load, commensurate it with the capabilities of the organism. You can not come to an intense workout after a hard day's work. It is better to replace intensive strength training, something more easy.
- Be sure to treat injuries to the end. Do not allow heavy loads if the recovery period is not over, it is better to coordinate your actions with the doctor.
- Take the choice of coach with all seriousness. The coach must not only know the rules of the security theoretically, but also to introduce you to them, and strictly abide them. Safety and comfort of the training process should be ensured by the coach.
- Do not break training methodology. Failure to comply with the principle of gradual and progressive increase of load during the training process leads to unavoidable sports injuries. It is impossible to "reshape" the program according to your preferences, as the entire training process flows smoothly from one load to another, taking into consideration the state of health, physique, age, physical condition of an athlete. It should be remembered that the increase in load is considered to be safe it it is done by not more than 5%, without any additional changes.
- Professional medical control. If there are some diseases which do not completely eliminate the physical load, there are limitations on the intensity of some types of exercises. For example, people suffering from hypertension or headaches should not do exercises that involve sharp slopes of the head. Thus, if there is a chronic illness, temporary impairment or a recently experienced injury, before exercisesing you should consult with your doctor.
- Follow the balance between strength and flexibility. The combination of power loads and stretchingand flexibility exercises will help to to avoid stiffness of muscles, improve blood circulation and metabolism in tissues, coordination and amplitude of joint mobility. In turn, all this will prevent injuries, improve the condition of the muscular system, increase bone strength.
- Sports Injuries: Types, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Rehabilitation After Sports Injuries
- Sports Injuries Among Children