Which Birth Control Pill Is Good For You?
You must know what makes every kind unique, to select the best control pill on your specific scenario. Birthcontrol users received some great news: Beginning Aug 2012, insurance plans will have to insure several birth control systems and services, says the Department of Health Services.
On the list of services that are covered? The Pill. Now, the pill, from to data is chosen by about 30 % of American females using contraception. And for good reason: The pill is among the best techniques of contraception you may select. Used correctly, it's up to 99 % successful and, unlike a few other methods of birth control, its effect is reversible, letting you can be pregnant if you want to do so.
But you will find several Pills that are distinct to select from. Have you any idea which type is best for you?
Your Birth Control Pill Choices
All pills use hormones to stop the natural cycle of ovulation of the body, but there are two different types the progestin-only and combination pill.
All joined pills offer the same amount but there are different factors to help determine, jointly with your physician, which brand and kind are the best for you. It's good to review the disadvantages and advantages before making a decision.
Monthly Cycle Mix Birth Control Pill
The combination pill has two hormones, progesterone and estrogen. The combined pill's different brands have distinct proportions of both hormones. Most days followed by 7 days pill-free or 7 placebo pills.
There are several negative and positive aspects to using a combo pill that is monthly.
Pros of a monthly pill:
- It's up to 99 % successful
- The time is not exceptionally unpredictable
- It is readily reversible: After coming off the pill ovulation starts fourteen days
- It helps reduce the chance of ovarian, colorectal, and endometrial cancers.
- It's still successful even or even taken at once each day; a 12-hour window is not atypical
Disadvantages of monthly cycle mix birth control pill:
- It might not be appropriate for those who have a history or of endometrial cancer, or breast, liver
- About 30 percent of girls have unusual, of taking the pill breakthrough bleeding, or if pills are missed
- Your risk may perhaps raise
- It doesn't protect against HIV or STI
- It might not be successful if you take antibiotics that are specific or if you vomit
Prolonged Cycle Birth Control Pills
In addition, there are pills that minimize it from once a month annually or remove menstrual bleeding. Such a pill has exactly the same pros and cons as a monthly cycle mix birth control pill
Pro of the cycle birth control pill that is drawn-out:
- Menstrual bleeding is removed or reduced to 4 times
Disadvantages of the cycle birth control pill that is drawn-out:
- Increased threat spotting or bleeding
- May be less easy if you're pregnant to understand
The Progestin-Only Pill
As its name suggests, the mini-pill, will not include estrogen. This pill is taken always and the application will not include placebo pills.
Pros of the pill:
- It's more ineffective in relation to the combined pill
- Menstrual flow is reduced by it
- It can shield against pelvic inflammatory disease
- It can be taken by breastfeeding moms with their milk supply without interruption
Disadvantages of the progestin-only pill:
- If taken three hours it must be chosen at precisely the same time daily and may not function
- Its effectiveness can be reduced by some antibiotics
Finding the proper birth control pill may require some trial and error, so you may need until you find a very good birth control rule for you to consult carefully with your physician.
- Comparing Birth Control Pill Kinds
- Myths and Facts About Birth Control Pills
- FAQs About Birth Control Choices