Two-horned uterus is a congenital malformation in which the uterus has an irregular shape that is divided into two so-called "horns", two separate cavities that are combined with one channel of the cervix and vagina at the bottom. The size and location of the cavities relative to one another may be different.
In some cases, one of the uterine cavity may be immature, rudimentary, i.e. not have a neck. This can cause permanent intense pain during menstruation, which occur due to accumulated in the cavity of the uterus underdeveloped selections.
Bicornuate uterus Causes
- Genetic predisposition.
- Teratogenic effects on the fetus (harmful) factors. For example, a pregnant woman received irradiation, suffered a viral disease, and others.
Symptoms bicornuate uterus
specific complaints with bicornuate uterus are extremely rare, however, as a rule, the anomaly structure of the body is found by accident. By the probable symptoms bicornuate uterus include:
- Violation of menstruation (heavy or prolonged menstruation, allocation bloody nature between two menstrual periods, pain).
If one "horn" of the uterus is closed, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Severe pain in during menstruation, localized in the lower abdomen.
- bowel function disorders, amid pain.
- painful urination.
- The presence of purulent discharge may occur if more rudimentary cavity has a little message to the main cavity of the uterus, and it became infected.
Treatment of bicornuate uterus
Treatment bicornuate uterus is assigned only in some cases, which include:
- Frequent miscarriages, ie pregnancy is not hatched.
- If a rudimentary uterus and is a place of gathering infections cause severe pain during menstruation and so on.
For the treatment of bicornuate uterus often surgical technique used to correct the shape body. After the transaction is entered into the uterus spiral, which aims to prevent the occurrence of adhesions. Also assigned to hormone therapy drugs containing estrogen, for three months. If the operation was successful, in 6-9 months you can plan a pregnancy.
Recommendations of doctor
Prevention of bicornuate uterus are the following:
- The pelvic examination at least twice a year.
- Family Planning (childbirth), ie preparation for pregnancy, the passage of the necessary studies, with the exception of abortion , infectious diseases, timely treatment of chronic diseases.
- Refusal of bad habits.
- At the time of pregnancy to eliminate the impact of negative externalities.
- Be sure to coordinate with your doctor taking any medications during pregnancy.
- The Consequences Of The Removal Of Uterus For Health
- 10 Worrisome Diagnosis In Gynecology
- Prolapse Of The Uterus: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment