Prolapse Of The Uterus: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
Prolapse of the uterus is the wrong position or displacement of uterus or cervix that make it being placed below the normal boundaries. Typically, the pathological displacement body is a result of the weakness of the muscle fibers of the pelvic floor and ligaments. Omission or uterine prolapse is one of the most common pathologies of abnormal displacements in the body.
The reasons for the omission of the uterus
This pathology is found among half of women who have reached the age of fifty. From thr total number of gynecological operations, 15% of operations are aimed at correcting the omission or uterine prolapse.
The main cause of the disease is the weakening of the pelvic floor muscle tone, which is also accompanied by the displacement of the bladder and rectum.
Omission of the uterus may begin early in life, and, eventually, only progress in the future.
One major reason is the of the anatomical abnormality is a prolapse of the pelvic floor due to damage of muscle fibers, as a result of frequent or severe birth giving, for instance.
Prolapse of the uterus may provoke some gynecological surgery, perineal tears, nborn defects, hormonal changes during menopause, dysplasia of connective tissue fibers.
Thus, the risk factors that trigger uterine prolapse pogressirovanie include:
- Frequent childbirth.
- Difficult birth-giving.
- Hard physical labor.
- Heavy lifting.
- Obesity .
- High intra-abdominal pressure.
- Frequent constipation.
- Srong cough.
Symptoms of uterine prolapse
- At the beginning of the disease there may appear nagging pains in the abdomen, feeling of heaviness in the lower back and sacrum and sensation of a foreign body in the vagina.
- During sex there can occur spotting.
- Change in menstrual function, that is, menstruation may become abundant or, conversely, poor .
- Prolapse of the uterus accompanied by infertility in most cases, but to completely exclude pregnancy is impossible.
- With the progression of the disease, there can be the disruption of the urinary tract . Sometimes there is enuresis .
- In about half of the cases, the disease is accompanied by disturbances in the rectum - fecal incontinence, constipation, colitis, and so on.
- In case of a full prolapse of uterus, a woman may self-diagnose the disease, since there appears a frmation that is visible out of genitals.
- Over time, due to the movements, the outer part of the uterus may get covered with cracks, sores, bruises, its surface may bleed and become infected.
Treatment of uterine prolapse
Treatment of prolapse of the uterus can be both conservative and operative. The choice of treatment in made by a doctor, who should include into account such factors, as:
- The severity of the disease.
- The presence of comorbidities .
- Age of the patient.
- Expediency of resroting fertility function.
- Rectal Prolapse: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- Infertility Treatment At Croatian Reosrts
- The Consequences Of The Removal Of Uterus For Health