When The Girl Needs A Gynecologist
It is considered that a gynecologist is a physician who is attended by adult women. But there are situations when it is not superfluous to consult with the specialist for adolescent girls or even for one who has not entered puberty. To determine when it is necessary to visit a gynecologist, parents need to pay attention to some details during the hygienic care of the child.
Why girls need gynecologist consultation
Sexual development of the child naturally depends not only on the internal processes in the body, but also on some external factors. Adverse effects of such factors can lead to serious disturbances in the development of girls, which, in turn, implies gynecological diseases. If such diseases are not diagnosed and treated promptly, it can lead to disruption of reproductive function in the future, which may result in infertility in some cases. Therefore, it is important for parents to contact a specialist immediately at the first warning signs.
What should I be afraid of
Most often, girls have such gynecological diseases, such as vulvovaginitis or vulvitis . Vulvovaginitis is an inflammation in the vagina and external genitalia. If this pathological process is not treated promptly, there can occur fusion of the labia minora, the so-called synechia. This pathology ceases to cause difficulty in urinating and the formation of secondary vulvovaginitis.
For adolescent girls the following diseases may be common:
- Amenorrhea or absence of menstruation after fifteen or sixteen years.
- Juvenile bleeding.
- Significant menstrual irregularities.
- The main indications for visits to the gynecologist
An urgent need to consult a gynecologist occurs in the presence of the following signs :
- The structure of the external genitalia of a girl is alarming.
- There has been a fusion of the labia minora.
- There were vaginal discharges of unusual nature, odor or color .
- The child has discomfort in vulva: burning sensation, itching, and pain.
- Urination difficulty.
- Neoplasms in the form of warts and other growths appeared on the external genitals.
- Absence of menstruation after the teenager is fifteen years old.
- If after the first menstrual period a year has passed, and the cycle is still irregular.
- Absence of menstruation for more than 6-7 weeks.
Be sure to consult a gynecologist if menstruation lasts more than seven days, with severe pain during menses, heavy menstruation, generally unwell feeling, if girls have excessive hair growth on the arms, legs or chest.
The reason for the visit of the specialist is the absence of secondary sexual characteristics (ie there is no formation of the breast, there is no public hair, overall growth is slowed down). You should also be wary of secondary sexual characteristics too early. Let's say, if the appear before nine or ten years.
- Sexual Development Of Teenagers
- Hyposexuality: Causes, Symptoms And Diagnosis
- Meaning Of Love For A Teenager