Perinatal Psychologist: Who Is It?
Perinatal psychologist is a specialist who will study the psychology of the child, even before birth, that is from the period when it is in the womb, and up to three years.
Fields Of Perinatal Psychology
There are several sections, which specialize in perinatal psychology, these include
- Psychology of motherhood.
- Child Psychology during fetal development .
- Psychology of a newborn.
Perinatal psychology studies the psychology of the child for up to three years from the prenatal development. Several years ago, professionalsin the field of perinatal psychology did not exist as it was believed that intrauterine development of a child did not have an impact on the mental health of the baby. Today it was proved that even when the embryo reaches a length of two millimeters, it starts to form the brain, which will manage the further development of the baby. Thus, it is advisable to study the psychological characteristics of the child in the first week of its development in the womb.
Practical perinatal psychology examination
In addition to the three main sections of perinatal psychology specialist help expectant mothers understand such topics as:
- Psychological features of pregnancy.
- What is deviant motherhood.
- What are the types of experiences of pregnancy.
- What happens if a child is "unwelcome".
- What is surrogate motherhood, psychological aspects.
- What are the characteristics of early pregnancy and psychological preparation of the expectant mother .
- Abortion is a danger to mental health and influence on subsequent pregnancy.
- Fears during pregnancy.
- Loss of a child.
- How to prepare psychologically for the birth of the baby.
- Preparation to partnership birth.
- What is women's postpartum depression, why it occurs .
- What is a birth injury
- Features of the psyche of the newborn.
- What is a resource theraphy.
- Features psychology of infertility.
- Treatment of psychogenic infertility.
- Psychology of women during lactation.
- Children age crises at the age of one year and at the age of three.
- Planning pregnancy: psychological aspects.
Thus, perinatal psychology studies dyad of baby and mother, in which the main goal is to make this tandem happy and healthy. By definition, it is believed that the appearance of a baby in the family is a great happiness and all the problems faced by the mother after birth, are usually left as her problems alone. But her psychological state greatly affects the psyche of the child, thus, the difficulties are only compounded. Therefore, the main objective of perinatal psychologist is to explain the parents the cause of the problem and help to further adjust their behavior make motherhood he happiest time in the life, and so tha the child could grow up in a comfortable psychological environment.