Early Toxicosis: Characteristics
Early morning sickness usually occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy. The prevalence of this condition is quite high, so the symptoms are considered to be a classic sign of pregnancy status, which will not surprise anybody.
Early toxicosis occurs in the first twelve weeks of pregnancy.
Early toxicosis: what it is?
Toxicosis is the state of health of the pregnant women arising as a result of poisoning by harmful substances. These toxic substances are formed in the mother's body as a result of the development of the fetus in her womb. This condition is characterized by various symptoms. Most common are a feeling of nausea, vomiting, metabolic, vascular disorders and central nervous system. After giving birth, all symptoms disappear.
Early toxicosis: Causes and risk factors
The exact cause of early toxicity is unknown. It is a fact that the presence of toxemia indicates a pathological reaction of the organism of women on the developing fetus.
Risk factors for toxicity for pregnant women include: fatigue, chronic lack of sleep, poor diet, alcohol, smoking.
Early toxicosis: symptoms
- The most striking and common symptom of toxicity is a constant feeling of nausea and vomiting. The severity of this symptom is different, that's why doctors distinguish it by severity. The earlier toxicosis appearsafter conception, the harder it is leaking.
- During toxicity woman complains of drowsiness, weakness, irritability, fatigue, depressed mood, changes in tastes and sensations, loss of appetite, weight loss.
- Another common symptom of early toxicity is drooling. Intensive secretion of saliva requires treatment as it dehydrates the body, clears it from the mineral salts and proteins, impairs the overall health of the pregnant women.
- Less common, but very unpleasant sign of toxicity in the early stages of pregnancy is dermatosis. It is manifested in the form of scattered itching on the body, including the genitals. Incessant itching causes irritability, insomnia, depression. If you experience this symptom, you necessarily need to be screened to exclude the presence of allergies, diabetes, candidiasis (thrush).
- Rarely here occurs bronchial asthma, which is accompanied by a chronic dry cough and attacks of breathlessness.
Early toxicosis: treatment
If you experience symptoms of toxicity, you should contact your obstetrician-gynecologist. Treatment is carried out in the antenatal clinic. Timely treatment can help you get rid of this problem. Walking outdoors is very helpful during this period . You need to eat small, frequent meals. Food should be warm and pleasant.