Helicobacter pylori is a type of bacteria that lives in the intestines. To be more precise, it is located at the bottom of its cavity. This type of bacteria is transmitted from person to person through saliva or mucus. If swallowed, helicobacter it not killed, unlike most other bacteria, and begins to actively proliferate, causing a variety of inflammatory processes in the mucosa. To date, scientists have found that Helicobacter pylori causes the development of diseases, such as gastritis, ulcer, erosion, and even stomach cancer.
Analysis for Helicobacter helps to identify these pathogens and, if necessary, to begin appropriate treatment to prevent the development of complications.
According to statistics, about two-thirds of the world's population have of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori, but,fortunately, not all of them are at a risk of developing gastrointestinal diseases. As a rule, no matter if he or she is sick or not, the person is dependent on many other factors, including heredity, bad habits, nutrition, strong immune system and many others.
When you need to be tested for Helicobacter.
In general, any problems with the stomach and intestines are an indication for Helicobacter analysis. Doctors provide the following indications for delivery of the analysis:
- Stomach pain, which increases after a meal.
- Obsessive feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Frequent heartburn, which tends to strengthen .
- Meat rejection.
- Chronic diseases of stomach or duodenum.
There are three basic Helicobacter analysis:
1. ELISA analysis or enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for antibodies to the bacteria. This analysis is most widely used and it is carried out by means of serological method, during which immunoglobulins that indicate the stage of the infection are secreted.
2. The method of obtaining biopsy is used in cases when tissue samples of the patient are taken from the stomach or mucus. This analysis is quite complicated and expensive .
3. The PCR technique is to identify bacteria directly in the body. To investigate the biological material, the following analyzes should be taken:
It should be noted that so-called rapid Helic test that can be performed at home, was recently invented. All you need is to simply exhale into a tube, and the instrument will display the presence or absence of bacteria in the body. But this method is not yet widely used.
How to prepare for analysis Helicobacter
That the results of the analysis were the most reliable and objective, you must:
- To between food intake and delivery of the analysis took no less than nine hours.
- 12 hours before the analysis can only drink pure water.
- To be tested the next morning.