Causes Of Constipation
Constipation is a disorder of stool, during which there is a delay in moving through the intestines of stool. Causes of constipation may be very different in nature - from malnutrition to a serious intestinal diseases, including cancer and.
Causes of constipation
There are many reasons that can cause constipation, but the most common include:
- neurodegenerative disorders. This type of disorder affects peristalsis, through vegetative disorders of the nervous system, responsible for the regulation of the functioning of internal organs. This kind of disorder usually occurs because of mental stress, nervous disorders, depression, anxiety, fatigue and more.
- Hormonal disorders. Different diseases of the endocrine glands and can cause disruption of bowel function and lead to disorders of the chair. Constipation is often caused by a malfunction of the adrenal and thyroid glands. It should also be noted that constipation may occur as a result of hypofunction and hyperfunction resulting from endocrine glands.
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise are often the cause of constipation. Lack of exercise leads to a deterioration of the circulatory and intestinal motility and stool stagnation.
- Medication.Some medications can lead to disruption of the normal functioning of the intestine. Typically, such preparations contain in their composition atropine and vasoconstrictor and drugs. In addition, in some cases, can cause constipation become diuretics, tranquilizers and other psychotropic drugs.
The diseases that lead to constipation
Constipation often result from diseases to which the intestines have no relation, for example, Parkinson's disease, stroke, Hirschsprung's disease , spinal cord tumors, multiple sclerosis and others. Inflammatory bowel disease and various tumors of the intestines and organs, which are in close proximity to it, and can lead to stagnation of feces and constipation.
Causes of chronic constipation
- habits and lifestyle. The most common chronic constipation due to the way of life of man and his food preferences. For example, if a person eats enough fruits and vegetables, that is fiber, which contributes to the rapid excretion of feces, there is a lot of baked goods from flour, sweets, meat, smoked - all this leads to chronic constipation. In addition, people suffer from constipation, which often ignore the calls to defecate.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. This syndrome often occurs during times of stress, and a meager chair, accompanied by cramping abdominal pain.
- Bowel obstruction(mechanical).In some inflammatory bowel disease, as well as in tumors of various etiologies, can occur narrowing of the intestine, as a result of which the stool can not move freely, which leads to chronic constipation.
- Diseases of the anal canal. Diseases of the anal canal may be accompanied by soreness and spasms that inhibit the defecation reflex, resulting in stagnation of feces and chronic constipation.
- Hemoglobin:Norms and Characteristics
- Causes, Symptoms And Types Of Hemorrhoids
- How to Treat Hemorrhoids: Choosing An Effective Method