Symptoms And Treatment Of Diabetes Among Children
Diabetes among children is rare, which is the reason for late diagnosis of the disease. Sometimes before the parents consult with a doctor, the child timestarts to develop acute symptoms of disease, in some cases even reaching diabetic coma. So to always be ready and be prepared to provide timely response to abnormal rise in blood sugar for a child, you should pay attention to the first signs that may indicate the development of diabetes.
Symptoms Of Diabetes among Children
Most often, children and adolescents are likely to develop diabetes of the first type, which is characterized by the following features:
- Extreme thirst.
- The sudden appearance of bedwetting.
- The child began to lose weight.
- There was no signs of poisoning vomiting.
- Inflammations of the skin, such as boils or barley.
- In girls thrush may occur.
Acute health effects of diabetes for children
Acute symptoms of diabetes, is a medical emergency, because they can lead to serious consequences, including death. These symptoms include:
- Frequent vomiting.
- A significant reduction of fat mass and muscle.
- Changing breathing - deep breath and exhale noisy.
- Odor of acetone breath.
- Lethargy, drowsiness.
- A state of shock, blue extremities, rapid pulse.
Symptoms of diabetes among infants
It should be noted that among infants and children who are under a year, diabetes is extremely rare, but, nevertheless, such cases occur. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the following symptoms among infants:
- Lack of increase in weight with a normal appetite.
- Restless behavior, which changes after the baby drinks water.
- Diaper rashes in the area of the external genitalia, which are not amenable to treatment.
- After drying incontinence diapers as starched.
- If the urine hits the floor, sticky spots remain.
- Acute symptoms include intoxication, dehydration, vomiting.
Treatment of diabetes among children
Unfortunately, modern medicine can not completely cure diabetes, this pathology is not curable, but can be corrected. Thus, the diagnosis of diabetes fro a child means that the patient will have to follow certain rules regarding nutrition, lifestyle, and sometimes receive insulin injections and implementation of this medicine throughout the life.
As a replacement therapy for patients with diabetes among children, there is used a so-called short-acting insulin, which means it has the desired effect, but not for long.
In addition, the level of insulin in the blood must be constantly monitored by a special device called the meter. While the child is small this function must be fulfilled by parents. After he grows up, he needs to take special courses where he will be taught to measure the level of insulin in the blood on his own.
It is extremely important for patients with diabetes to follow the diet, which allows them to control the level of glucose that enters the bloodstream. And this, in turn, is a guarantee of good health of the patient. As a rule, the diet is developed individually for each child taking into account, the disease, the age and weight of the child.
- When Diabetes Results In Nerve Damage
- Medicine Against Diabetes Harms Thyroid Gland
- Viral Infections Lead To The Development Of Diabetes