Protozoal Diseases: causes, symptoms and treatment
Protozoal diseases are infections that are of protozoa type. This group includes the dangerous diseases: amebiasis, malaria, trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis.
Diseases caused by protozoa are ranging from benign to life-threatening. Almost all people have micro-organisms in their body, but they do not always cause disease.
Various bacteria, that are protozoa do not have a generic communication with each other, namely due to external similarities.
Just recall some human diseases such as amoebic dysentery, malaria, coccidiosis, diarrhea (diarrhea), keratitis, enteritis, African sleeping sickness, toxoplasmosis, pneumonia, vaginitis, urethritis.
Protozoa: the life cycle
- Microbe enters the body from the source: water, soil, food, from animals or other humans.
- Microbe, penetrating into the body of the new owner, begins to multiply ther, creating a lot of new parasites.
- Microbes lay eggs in the body.
The most dangerous and common protozoal diseases
- Malaria is a deadly disease and is transmitted to humans by the female mosquito. Once the infection gets into the human body, it just starts to mature into blood cells and liver. Symptoms of the disease are excessive sweating and fever with chills.
- A group of diseases called "amebiasis" amoebic dysentery include general and amebic abscess of the lungs, spleen, liver, and skin. Characteristic features of the disease are diarrhea with mucus and blood, abdominal pain, accompanied by convulsions. If it is left untreated, it can cause abscesses in various parts of the body and ulcers in the colon.
- African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness). Pathogen is simple, carried by tsetse flies. Symptoms begin with a headache and joint pain, fever. If the disease is not treated early, it can be affected by various vital organs, including the kidneys and heart. You may also experience confusion, insomnia, and somnambulism.
- The disease of toxoplasmosis occurs as a result of ingestion of Toxoplasma protozoa. You can become infected by eating infected meat, eating unwashed vegetables, accidental ingestion of feces. Toxoplasmosis may be asymptomatic or cause a flu-like illness.
- Trichomoniasis desease caused by Trichomonas vaginalis. Infection is usually through sexual contact. Causes of vaginitis in women and urethritis in men. Often no symptoms.
Treatment of protozoal diseases
Protozoal disease treatment depends on the pathogen causing the disease, the symptoms and the patient's health. Medications are selected individually. They are aimed at the destruction of infection in the body and facilitate the well-being of the patient.
- Researchers Started Working On A Universal Remedy Against Malaria
- Exercise May Spur Diverse Bowel Microbes
- Toxoplasmosis Analysis