Chinese medicine is a system partially based on the notion that the energy, called qi, flows in pathways inside of the body called meridians. If flow of qi is unbalanced or blocked, sickness can happen. In China, medicine has been practiced by physicians for 1000s of years, and it's getting in popularity in a lot of Western nations.
Reasons for qi imbalance are believed to entail:
- Outside forces, like heat, or wind, cold.
- Internal powers, like emotions of rage, happiness, or anxiety.
- Lifestyle elements, including too little sleep, poor diet, or an excessive amount of booze.
Another important concept is the theory of yang and yin. In this strategy, all matters, for example, body, are presented of opposing forces called yin and yang. Health can be said to be determined by the equilibrium of these powers. Chinese medicine targets keeping the yin yang balance to preserve health preventing sickness.
Chinese medicine physicians examine the equilibrium of body, mind, and nature to discover the best way to restore yin yang balance, qi, and great health.
What's Chinese Medicine Can Be Used For?
Chinese medicine is used by individuals to treat illnesses from allergies and asthma to infertility and cancer. Chinese physicians may use several kinds of treatment to restore qi equilibrium.
Chinese medicine treatments include:
- Acupuncture, with thin metal needles set along the meridians of the body.
- Acupressure, with the hands or fingers applying direct pressure to places along the meridians of the body.
- Chinese herbs, blends of animal materials, or herbs, roots, powders to help restore equilibrium in the body.
- Cupping, that uses warm atmosphere in glass jars set on regions of the body to aid in qi stimulation.
- Diet. Yang and Yin foods may help restore yin yang balance in the body.
- Massage along body's meridians or in particular regions.
- Moxibustion, that uses small quantities of heated fiber on particular regions of the body.
- Qi gong, that uses breathing techniques, motion, and meditation.
Is It Safe?
Chinese medicine has demonstrated by research and world-wide to be helpful for many kinds of sickness. Because Chinese and Western medical practice in analysis and treatment systems differ, it is not easy to use Western scientific standards.
As an example, with a normal class of antibiotics, any 2 people having same disease (including sinusitis) may be treated in Western medical practice. Each individual might receive another treatment for the exact same sickness with respect to the individual's own qi and yin yang balance in Chinese medicine.
America accredits schools so a professional has had extensive learning Chinese medicine.
Acupuncture has become accepted as a treatment for specific illnesses in America and continues to be most studied of Chinese medication treatments. Promising results are got for using acupuncture in treating operation pain, nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy, and pregnancy. Acupuncture also may be useful for other illnesses including addiction, stroke rehabilitation, headache and asthma. Generally, it is safe when done by certified acupuncturist. The treatment may be time consuming and expensive.
- How Acupuncture Works
- Chinese Herb Kills One Of The Most Dangerous Types Of Cancer
- Degrees In Chinese Medicine