Possible Risks Of Plastic Surgery
Ultimate goal of any cosmetic surgery - removal of the defect and the reduction of the body or parts of the human body in a full order. However, we must realize that like any other surgery, all manipulations in plastic surgery are risky and may entail some complications. Of course, a mistake to believe that cosmetic surgery procedures are not as serious as other types of surgery, and they should be treated as seriously .
Risks of Plastic Surgery
Bad cosmetic result: the biggest risk of plastic surgery for the patient - a result that not only improved appearance, but also makes your looks worse than before the operation.
- Bruising: when localized hematoma blood outside the blood vessel. Hematoma may develop after surgery in an area where swollen bruises collected "pockets" of blood under him. In some cases, it is not very visible, but the hematoma may be large enough to cause pain and even reduce the blood flow through the region. In the case of a large hematoma, the surgeon can remove the collected blood with a syringe or otherwise.
- Necrosis: necrotic tissue can be a major issue for the surgeon after the procedure put. In most cases, necrosis is negligible or completely absent, and normal wound healing prevents the appearance of dead tissue in the incision area.
- Bleeding:with any surgical procedure, bleeding happens. Bleeding becomes a problem when it is excessive, or continues after the wound should heal. Postoperative bleeding can be a sign that the patient is not actively started reducing postoperative period.
- Seroma:seroma similar to hematoma - a cluster of lymph fluid around the operated area. Transparent fluid accumulates in the pocket. The surgeon can reduce the pocket by removing fluid via a syringe. Seroma appears in invasive cosmetic procedures such as tummy tuck. To combat this problem, there is an injection-vacuum drainage or puncture. The problem is that the accumulation of serous fluid - an individual process and lasts up to several months.
- Bloodclots: blood clot risk is common for many procedures, and not only for cosmetic surgeries. The most common danger - deep vein thrombosis, most commonly the lower extremities. Most of these states require medical attention, but not life-threatening if the clot begins to move through the veins to the heart and lungs. Clot that travels to the lungs, is very dangerous - a medical emergency must react immediately.
- Anesthesia: Most patients tolerate anesthesia without difficulty, however, complications of anesthesia - the main challenge for plastic surgery. Given the fact that all operations are a threat to health, it is important to carefully approach the assessment of anesthetic risk. This depends on the operation of its duration and the initial state of health of the patient. It is believed that the risk is minimal, but the doctor has no right to get around the issue of choice of anesthesia to their attention.
How to Reduce The Risks
- Choose surgeon carefully. This is the case where savings can play a cruel joke with you.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Give up smoking and engage in physical culture. Try at least six months before surgery to adhere to it.
- Eat right: reduce consumption of fatty and salty foods enter the diet of vegetables and fruits.
Healthy body easier to tolerate any operation on such a body and any wounds or scars heal much faster.