10 Myhts About Eye Lenses
Contact lenses are the devices that help to correct a person's vision with farsightedness, nearsightedness or astigmatism.
The lenses have a number of advantages over glasses:
- Lenses are not reflected on the exterior.
- They do not fog up when the temperature drops.
- They do not interfere during exercise.
- The lenses do not impair peripheral vision, which is especially important when driving a car.
Types of contact lenses
The main criterion by which contact lenses are differentiated are the terms of their use. Thus, modern lenses are divided into:
- Daily: put them on in the morning and discard them in the evening.
- The lenses for a month: these lenses are stored in a special container with a solution. They are put in the morning and and placed in a solution at night.
- The lenses at for three months: they have the same method of use as lenses for a month, but their shelf life lasts for three months only.
- The lenses of so-called slow action: this type of lenses, according to advertising, can be worn for a week. But ophthalmologists are strongly against such lenses, as they increase the risk of inflammation in the eyes.
- Lenses for six months: they are almost not used any longer.
There are also contact lenses that can not only corrected vision, but also change the color of the eyes.
10 myths about contact lenses
Myth №1: Contact lenses impair vision.
Visual acuity does not depend on contact lenses in any way, as they do not contribute to the voltage of the optic nerve.
Myth №2: During active sports lenses can fall out.
The lens perfectly follows the shape of the eyeball and is tight to it, therefore, even swimming in the pool cannot cause the loss of lenses.
Myth №3: Wearing lenses is bad for the blood supply of the eyeballs.
The quality of modern materials the lenses are made of ensures that they can in no way interfere with blood circulation.
Myth №4: The lens prevents eyes from "breathing".
The percentage of oxygen permeability of lenses can be so high that they do not affect the supply of oxygen to the organs of vision. One should choose a lens with a maximum permeability coefficient.
Myth №5: Beauty treatments and cosmetics are not compatible with contact lenses.
Please wear contact lenses first and then do makeup or beauty treatments. If cosmetics falls under the lens, it must be removed and rinsed in a solution.
Myth №6: A solution in which the lens is stored can be changed a couple of times a week.
Together with lenses dust particles and protein deposits fall into solution, so it should be changed every day not to increase the risk of the inflammation of eyes.
Myth №7: one can swim in natiral pounds wearing contact lenses.
Cold water that falls on the surface of the lens reduces their quality so for swimming you can purchase one-day lenses.
Myth №8: Lenses can protect from sunlight.
The lenses should have the mark of the protection from UV in order to protect fromt the sunlight. And it can provide only partial protection, so it is better to use sunglasses when it is sunny.
Myth №9: Lenses can sometimes be washed with plain water.
No, only special solutio must be used to wash lenses.
Myth №10: Wearing lenses must be always alternated with wearing glasses.
There is no need to alternate wearing lenses and glasses. Qualitative lenses may be worn permanently and changed only after the expiration date.
- Keeping Great Eye Health
- Spooky Contacts Are Your Eyes' Worst Nightmare
- How To Treat The Fatigue Of Eyes From Computer: Expert Advice