Atopic Dermatitis Among Children
Atopic dermatitis among children is one of the most common dermatologic diseases of childhood. Most often it manifests itself in the form of rashes from infancy, that is up to six months and periods of exacerbation of the disease may occur from time to time, even in adolescence, and sometimes even adults. It should be noted that the disease is also called differently syndrome atopic eczema or dermatitis, infantile eczema, or diathesis.
What is atopic dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic disease. It is often associated with allergic rhinitis or asthma. It is believed that this disease is preceded by dermatitis.
The main cause of allergic dermatitis - a genetic predisposition, but due to the influence of various negative external factors, symptoms of atopic dermatitis. These factors should be classified as food allergens - protein in cow's milk, fish, eggs, soybeans and other grains. Even if these foods in the diet has a nursing mother, a child may have symptoms of the disease. With age, food allergens can be pushed negativnvymi other factors, such as household dust, pollen, chemicals and so on.
The symptoms of atopic dermatitis among children
There are three forms of the disease. They include infant atopic dermatitis(in children up to two years), children's atopic dermatitis (from 2 to 13 years), adolescent form of the disease - 13 years. Each form has its own symptoms.
- Infant allergic dermatitis localized, usually on the face, bent legs and arms, sometimes spreading throughout the body. The skin may be formed characteristic crust.
- Children allergic dermatitis rash appears at the joints of legs, arms and neck. Sometimes there is swelling of the skin, red spots, cracks, plaque, crusts or erosion.
- Teenage allergic dermatitis appears as a rash on the neck, face, upper chest on the elbows and wrists. Most often, until the disease is 18 years, but sometimes the symptoms manifest themselves later in life.
Treatment of allergic dermatitis among children
Today there is no effective treatment for atopic dermatitis, as well as allergies in general. But the main methods of treatment are - removal of allergens and creation of comfortable conditions for the child to an allergy is not manifested. To do this, doctors recommend the following measures:
- Maintain optimal level of humidity in the room where the child sleeps.
- Do not carry a child on the street with a large cold.
- On the naked body not to wear clothes made of wool.
- Do not give the child to contact with pets.
- Remove from the house all the "dust collectors "- carpets, stuffed toys, pillows and other down.
- Do not allow your child to contact with chemical fumes and cigarette smoke.
- For bathing the child to use only hypoallergenic agents.
- Ensure that the child does not suffer from skin infections.
- Ensure your child's safe diet, making sure it does not contain the body-food allergens.
- Care for baby's skin.
It is important to remember that proper care of the child's skin helps to avoid joining a secondary infection and provides baby comfortable. Therefore it is very important after each bath to lubricate the skin with a special cream that will recommend a doctor. In addition, the skin tends to diathesis, is very sensitive to the high temperatures needed to bathe the child in the water, which is not higher than 32-34 degrees.
With increasing symptoms physician may prescribe medication, which consists of antiallergic preparations, creams, ointments, and in some cases, hormonal or antibiotics. In addition to medical treatment can be applied various methods of physical therapy, such as light treatment.
It should be remembered that the manifestation of allergy may affect and negative emotions, so parents are obliged to ensure the child a comfortable psychological environment in the family, to protect him from stressful situations.
With proper treatment, allergic dermatitis disappears without any damage to health, otherwise it can cause asthma or allergic rhinitis.
- Photodermatitis: Causes, Symptoms, Prevention
- Food Allergies: Symptoms and Diagnosis
- "Live" Yogurt Is An Unexpected Decision To Treat Allergies
Application will be processed. Manager of medical tourism will contact with you.