Acetone Among Children
Acetone among children in the blood is a very common phenomenon that occurs as a result of increasing the level of ketone bodies. Ketone bodies appear in consequence of the combustion intermediate products of energy metabolism, such as fats, proteins and carbohydrates. This is considered physiologically normal and indispensable in the process of energy exchange.
The reasons for increase of ketone bodies
under the influence of pancreatic enzymes and bile acids, there is a breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. In the body fall fine particles which enter into the biochemical reaction and provide energy. But as soon as the body is not getting enough of these particles, ie, intestinal or gastric juices perform their function is not fully, or not enough food is balanced, ketone bodies as metabolic products, are gradually beginning to accumulate. If the number exceeds the norm, the child is diagnosed atsetonemichesky syndrome.
Types of acetonic syndrome
- Primary atsetonemichny syndrome - occurs in children from one year to 13 years. To the main group at risk are children who have increased purine in the body and disrupt the exchange of uric acid. In addition, children with disorders of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism, which is very excitable nervous system, or there was a nervous breakdown. Typically, these children have a high activity, they are often moody, they need special care and nutrition regime of the day.
- The secondary syndrome occurs as a result of transferring or emerging diseases. These pathologies include: infectious diseases, endocrine, somatic, surgical diseases.
- Diabetes syndrome - occurs when insulin deficiency with impaired carbohydrate metabolism.
Symptoms of acetone among children
Acetone in the blood of a child may increase in the consumption of large amounts of protein or fat food. The main symptoms of acetone in the blood of a child include:
- Sudden anxiety, which is replaced by an apathetic state.
- Abdominal pain.
- Vomiting, from one to five days.
- Dry skin.
- Feverish glow.
- Increased body temperature to 37,5-38,5.
- The smell of acetone from the feces and vomit.
How to acetone among children at home
to determine the presence of acetone Houses in the blood of a child can be with the help of the test strip, which helps to determine the presence of ketone bodies in the urine of children. So use the test is simple - just collect a small amount of urine and put it in the test for a couple of seconds. After a minute, you can see the result:
- If "+ \ -" or only"+",the acetone was increased slightly and the situation can change at home.
- If the "++" - this means that the child is manifested syndrome of moderate severity, so you must consult your doctor, especially if acetone rose for the first time.
- If the "+++" - a severe manifestation of the syndrome and the urgent need to hospitalize the child.
What should I do with increasing acetone among children
first aid of child will be in the following manipulations:
- It is necessary to do a cleansing enema. To do this, per liter of warm water add a spoonful of soda and rinse with a solution of the intestine until leaving only water.
- Treat the child with water every 10 minutes.
- When it is necessary to stop vomiting compote of dried fruits.
- Giving Rehydron spoonful every 2 minutes. For a day at least a liter.
- When the appetite, feed dietary products.
When acetone can not feed the baby the following products: beef, chicken, offal, duck, meat broth, meats, pastries, sour cream, tomatoes, cauliflower, sorrel, cocoa, parsley, spinach, tea, carbonated drinks.
You can eat with acetone: turkey, rabbit, eggs, fresh fruit, vegetables and juices. To avoid increasing the acetone in the future, it is necessary to adhere to the daily routine and exercise.
- Most Common Reasons Why Children End Up In The Intensive Care Unit
- Sports Injuries Among Children
- Spring Vitamin Deficiency In Children