What is anorexia
Anorexia is a condition characterized by a lack of appetite and a partial or complete refusal of food. The disease is usually accompanied by a number of other pathological changes in the body - weight loss, diseases of the endocrine system, the nervous system, and so on. Anorexia patients stop taking food, it causes them nausea and vomiting, even after a small amount of food, the patient begins to feel overeating, are rapidly losing weight.
Causes of anorexia
reasons that can cause a lot of anorexia. Among them are the following experts:
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Pathology of the immune system.
- Anxiety Phobia.
Today, one of the most common causes of anorexia are nervous disorders. The so-called anorexia nervosa is characterized for people suffering from anxiety disorders psyche. When symptoms of anorexia become clinically apparent, the mass of the human body rapidly decreases disturbed absorption of food, lack of a menstrual cycle, develop gastrointestinal pathology.
The symptoms of anorexia
nervosa main symptom is loss of appetite, thus, there is a loss of body weight by more than fifteen percent of normal weight .
- In women is a violation of the menstrual cycle.
- Perhaps the development of amenorrhea.
- Significant sleep disturbance.
- The men potency disorders.
- Spasms of individual muscle groups.
- If anorexia is nervous form, patients feel that they are too full, even with substantial weight loss.
- The deterioration of the skin.
- The hair loss.
- The deterioration of the nail.
- Pain in the stomach.
- Violation of metabolism.
- Hormonal disruptions.
- doldrums, which in some cases may bring a patient to suicide.
Treatment of anorexia
nervosa treatment should be carried out in the complex, especially if it's anorexia, which is a nervous character.
- To begin with the main task of the physician is to improve the physical condition. To do this, the method of behavioral cognitive therapy.
- The second stage of treatment is to increase the body weight using a special dietary and vitamin B complex. But we should remember that restore normal food can only gradually, moving from a low-calorie diet to a more high-calorie.
- If patients have experienced significant effects on the endocrine system, hormone therapy can be prescribed only after will return to normal body weight.
Recommendation of a doctor
- On theToday, many cases of anorexia in young girls, especially in adolescence. Imposed on the media ideals model looks, for most teens are the standard to which they aspire. Therefore, one of the main methods of preventing the development of anorexia nervosa in adolescents is to increase self-esteem.
- Regular exercise, various leisure also help in the prevention of this disease.
- If you experience the first symptoms of anorexia, such as loss of appetite for a few days, you should consult your doctor.