Dry Skin On Elbows: Causes and Treatment
Despite the fact that the skin on the elbows is much denser and drier than other parts of the body, few people take time to care for her. And it is in vain, this area of the skin needs much more care, as there are no sebaceous glands, but at the expense of permanent folds, skin injured mechanically, for this reason, the skin becomes dry, rough, scaly.
The causes of dry skin on elbows
- One most common causes of dry skin in the elbow is malfunctioning adrenal and thyroid glands. In principle, any hormonal disorders in the body can trigger dry skin, so it is important from time to time to visit an endocrinologist, and to exclude the presence of pathologies such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, psoriasis, eczema and others.
- Lack of vitamins D, A, E and amino acids, as well may cause dryness of the skin on the elbows. But as a rule, this is a seasonal manifestation, after a person begins to fully fed, the symptom disappears.
- Frequent water treatments. If you take a bath too often abused or visit the steam room and swimming pool, the skin can become too dry and even covered with cracks.
- The mechanical action on the elbow. For example, the habit of sitting at the table, leaning on his elbows, in a month or two to make your elbows rough.
- The temperature drops. Many note that your elbows are dry in winter. This is due to the abrupt change in temperature regimes - dry air in the room, cold outside.
The treatment of dry skin on elbows
If dry skin on the elbows is not a consequence of any disease, you can get rid of the problem and in the home. To do this, you only need to thoroughly clean the problem area of dead cells, that is, to make peeling, and feed her well creams and masks.
Do not abuse thepeeling, even if the skin on the elbows strongly callous, otherwise the process will go in the opposite direction - the more cleansed skin more intensive regeneration occurs, eventually Hardened plot becomes even greater. Suffice it a couple of times a week to make peeling, home-cooked.
- Stir in a spoonful of coffee grounds with the same amount of honey, mix thoroughly and apply on pre-steamed elbows in a circular motion.
- Mix the salt Extra with the same amount of coffee grounds and sour cream. Apply as the previous peeling and leave for ten minutes. This mask not only removes dead skin cells, but also moisturize the skin well.
- Grate the onion on a fine grater and rough skin cause this mush. The top can be covered with gauze and secure with plaster. Leave on for half an hour. Once the skin is soft, you can carefully remove the stratum corneum using pumice. Wash the skin and rub olive oil or cocoa butter.
Food for skin elbows
After using peelings get rid of the rough skin, to maintain the results should be regularly moisturize and nourish the problem areas. Ideal for daily skin care at the elbows are:
- Castor oil.
- Olive oil.
- Almond oil.
- Sesame oil.
- Corn oil.
- Cocoa butter.
- Peanut butter.
Any oil can be added decoctions of herbs or vitamins A, E.
good results in moisture and nutrition of the skin can be achieved by following masks:
- Gruel from fresh aloe leaf with the addition of any oil.
- Heat the olive oil to 40-45 degrees, moisten a cotton pad and attach to the elbows for 10 minutes. Then wipe the juice of cucumber place.
- In a glass of water add a tablespoon of chopped calendula and chamomile. Bring to a boil and infuse for about eight hours. Spoon of butter mixed with the same amount of honey and melted in a water bath. In the mixture, add a couple tablespoons of infusion of herbs and apply on problem areas. Leave on for 30 minutes.