Scrofula: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
Scrofula is a skin disease, which is caused by the presence of tuberculosis bacillus in the body. It should be noted that the bacillus tuberculosis refers to varieties of tubercle bacilli, but it is much easier to treat and it causes less harm to health. Scrofula is not common for adults and it most often affects children from two to ten years old.
Causes of scrofula
- The main cause of scrofula is a genetic predisposition due to the transfer of tuberculosis bacillus from one of the parents.
- In addition, quite often children, whose parents have suffered cancer, tuberculosis, syphilis are diagnosed with scrofula.
- Scrofula often affects children, who already have parents in old age.
- A significant role in the development of disease play sanitary standards of accommodation. For example, if a child appears rarely while it is sunny outside, housing is poorly ventilated, the child eats and does not receive the full range of vitamins.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body can also provoke the development of scrofula.
- Children who did not receive breast feeding, often suffer from scrofula.
- Children conceived drunk parents are also susceptible to infection .
Symptoms of scrofula
The main symptoms of scrofula are considered to be:
- Peeling of the skin.
- At the beginning of the disease there can be noticed small focal points, but after a few days the whole scalp may be covered with a crust of scrofulous.
- In addition to the head, scrofula can also spread to the face.
- Scrofulous peeling has whitish- gray color and irregular shape of fungus, but the hair remains in a healthy condition at the same time.
- In addition to the main manifestations of the disease, there may be secondary symptoms, such as inflammation of the eyes, swelling of the joints, bloating, dischargeexcretions from the ears and nose, even convulsions.
Treatment of scrofula
The treatment of scrofula should be approached comprehensively:
- First of all, it is necessary to improve the living and sanitary conditions for children.
- Child should often bathe in saline (salt and water ratio should remain in the amount of about ten liters of water to a glass of salt).
- Once a day you should give the baby 5 grams of fish oil.
- Many doctors recommend taking drugs of iodide iron.
- Take a drink from acorns.
- Make decoctions of leaves and buds of currant wine and give it to the child.
- Nettle is also very good for scrofula .
- Carrot juice with a small amount of vegetable oil or cream should drank in the amount of 200 ml per day.
Many believe that scrofula is a harmless disease that goes away after a while. Unfortunately, it does not. You should always remember that if scrofula is not treated and the flow of the disease takes its course, after a while it may acquire a chronic form, which will later develop into a tuberculosis after some time.
- What Is Causing The Skin Rash?
- Skin Diseases Increase The Probability Of Death From Vascular Problems
- Symptoms And Treatment Of Diabetes Among Children