Treatment Of Ovarian Cancer In Israel
Ovarian cancer is malignant oncological disease, which today is the fifth most common cancer among women. It should be noted that the causes of ovarian cancer are still unknown, but doctors say that women not giving birth often suffer from this type of cancer more often then those who have children.
Symptoms of ovarian cancer in the early stages are not shown, for this reason, in many cases, diagnosis of the disease occurs only in the later stages, which are characterized by such signs:
- Feeling of tightness in the abdomen.
- Abdominal pain, especially at the bottom.
- Frequent urination.
- Increase or, conversely, weight loss for no apparent reason.
- Irregular stools.
- Disorders of the intestines.
- Unusual vaginal discharge.
- Stomach discomfort.
Diagnosis of ovarian cancer in Israel
There is a wide range of diagnostic techniques that help determine the presence of malignancy in the ovaries. The most common methods of diagnosing ovarian cancer in Israel are:
- Gynecological examination by oncologist that can determine the presence of pathological changes with the number of attributes in the female reproductive system.
- Analysis for onco-marker CA -125. This analysis helps to determine the nature of the tumor, but its effectiveness is particularly high among women after menopause.
- Transvaginal scan. With the help of this method you can determine the size and type of tumor.
- Surgical biopsy of ovarian tissue allows maximum accuracy to determine the presence of cancer cells in the tumor tissue.
- Genetic testing is a new kind of research that shows women in the family who had cases of cancer of the ovaries, uterus or breast. Through this method we can calculate the probability of occurrence of tumor in each case to take preventive measures.
Treatment of ovarian cancer in Israel
- Treatment of ovarian cancer in Israeli cancer centers in most cases is carried out by means of a surgical operation, which significantly increase the chances of a favorable prognosis. Depending on the stage of the disease, the surgeon may remove the tumor or neoplasm with ovary and lymph nodes.
- To prevent recurrence, chemotherapy is used. This procedure is in most cases carried out by patient, but sometimes the patient has to go to the hospital.
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is a new technique, in which a catheter is placed directly into the abdominal cavity and drugs affect only on cancer cells and does not spread throughout the body. This method of treatment is very effective when the disease has entered the stage of metastasis.
Application will be processed. Manager of medical tourism will contact with you.