Puigvert Institute of Urology
Puigvert Institute of Urology,which is located in Barcelona, is one of the largest medical centers specialized in andrology, urology and nephrology in the world. It was founded in 1946 and today it is one of the largest medical institution, which has the most powerful medical and diagnostic base in Europe.
Specialties of treatment
The medical institution is specialized on the diseases of the genitourinary system exclusively. Each year, the institute conducts:
- More than five thousand urological operations of varying complexity.
- 1.6 thousands of the transactions in reproductive medicine.
- About one hundred kidney transplants (most of them are carried out from a living donor).
- More than 250 prostate surgeries using the Da Vinci robot.
Each year the clinic diagnoses and successfully treats tens of thousands of the diseases of the urinary tract, congenital malformations of the genitourinary system, benign and malignant tumors, dysfunctions of the bladder and other disorders.
Treatment at Puigvert Institute of Urology
Puigvert Institute of Urology applies the latest medical developments and technologies for the treatment of various diseases, such as:
- Endoscopic methods.
- Laser surgery.
- Radiological methods.
- Ultrasonic technology.
- Photodynamic technology.
- Remote endoscopic /extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy.
- Resection of the bladder (transurethral) and others.
But the main radical treatment is minimally invasive surgery, which in most cases is done laparoscopically. In addition, the institute conducts reconstructive microsurgery, robotic surgery and cryosurgery.
The Institute carries out the treatment of various pathologies of the reproductive system of both women and men, including sexual disorders, infertility, disorders of the endocrine system, the problem of male aging, men concentration and so on. In the clinic the kidney transplantation is also carried out for foreign patients in accordance with Spanish legislation.
- STD May Bring The Prostate Cancer
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH) Treatments and Supplements
- Prostatitis Treatment Should Start With Gums Treatment