DASH-diet was developed several years ago by a group of American cardiologists who set a goal to prepare a balanced diet for people suffering from hypertension. By far it has been noticed that people with high blood pressure, who begin to follow DASH system, have been noticed to have a decrease of pressure on a few units. Thus, if you constantly follow DASH program, you can control the disease and avoid hypertensive crises.
Features of DASH-diet
The most important thing in this system is not the amount eaten, but the foods that are eaten. Therefore, if a person seeks to lose weight, the one must count the number of extra calories.
Before starting to follow the diet, you must not sharply refuse the usual way of eating, but gradually introduce more healthy foods and avoid harmful ones.
How do I start following DASH- system
- While previously you ate one portion of vegetables, add another one, for example, for breakfast, instead of the usual omelet.
- If you eat a little fruit, replace the usual snacks, such as biscuits or cookies, with them.
- Try to use half of the amount of oil that you used for cooking earlier.
- Replace all the sauces and dresserts with low-fat or low-calorie ones.
- Gradually increase the amount of dairy products. You can replace sweet morning tea with a glass of kefir or milk.
- Thre should be a little meat in the diet.
- For the start, you can limit the meat in the daily diet to 200 grams.
- If you are accustomed to large portions of meat dishes, reduce them gradually to 25-30 grams.
- Try to eat as a vegetarian at least twice a day.
- Increase the amount of legumes, rice and vegetables by reducing meat.
- If you cook casseroles, safely reduce the amount of meat and add more vegetables or grains.
- Do not give up on desserts immediately, but try to replace pastries with fruit or low-in-fat desserts.
- In winter you can eat canned fruits and berries in their own juice as a dessert.
- Avoid cooking fresh fruit.
- As a snack, use dried fruit, nuts, or, sometimes, fresh pastries.
Tips for those who choose to follow DASH system constantly
- Try to making your daily diet consist of fruits and vegetables as much as possible, eat only plant foods preferably 2-3 times a day.
- Eat dairy products three times a day, but this applies only to non-fat milk and milk products.
- Cereal products should be chosen only from whole grains that are rich in vitamins B and minerals.
- Try to always keep an eye on the composition of each product, preferring only low in fat and low-in-cholesterol ones.
- If you really want to eat soemthing sweet, choose raisins, dates, apricots, prunes.
- Tired of fresh fruit, changethem to frozen or canned ones.
- Reduce Weight Not Following A Strict Diet
- High-In-Fat Diet Stops Aging
- Economical Diet: How To Choose Useful And Inexpensive Products