Cracked Lips: Causes
Since ancient times, the lips were considered to be an indicator of not only external beauty, but also an indicator of health. Therefore, when the lips start to crack and peel off for no apparent reason, it is a reason to think of their health.
Why lips get cracked?
Lips skin is really special, because it does not have sebaceous glands. That causes excessive sensitivity to temperature changes and other adverse factors. As a rule, the lips begin to crack with the onset of the first cool and windy days, most commonly in early autumn. In winter, if you do not take preventive measures, the situation is only getting worse.
The causes of the cracks of the lips:
- The effect of the wind.
- Effect of temperature changes (warm room and frost outdoors).
- Incorrectly selected lipstick.
- Lack of vitamins.
Most often due to the lack of vitamins lips get cracked in late autumn and early winter, as during this period the stock of summer vitamins has been consumed and the body begins to experience a shortage of nutrients. Usually, as a result of hypovitaminosis, lips crack at the corners of the mouth, which is very painful and causes discomfort.
It should be noted that quite often chapped lips can cause a secondary infection, as well genital herpes. To avoid this unpleasant phenomenon, make sure to consult a doctor and start taking a multivitamin program.
How to choose lip cosmetics
- Sometimes lips crack due to improperly matched or poor hygienic care for lips. For example, because of decorative or hygienic cream or lipstick. Therefore, before you select another means of hygiene, you must ensure the product quality is high. Ideally, it should be an organic cosmetics based on natural ingredients.
- It is also good to use cosmetics for lips. For example, moisturizer should not be applied before going out when it is cold, because moisture will not have time to soak in and will be an additional factor that will trigger damage to the skin on the lips.
- In frosty and windy conditions you should use only protective cosmetics on the basis of fat, moisturizing creams and lipsticks are only suitable for warm weather.
- Do not forget about the banal hygiene and do not use someone else's lipstick or other cosmetics, thoroughly clean the mouth before going to bed and use make up.
How to treat cracked lips
There are plenty of ways to deal with cracks on the lips, but before you start treatment, it is necessary to determine the cause of the problem. If the reason is as banal as temperature dropping and has nothing to do with the malfunction within the body, the treatment should be based on careful care for the lips.
Above all, the lips should be mitigated using any oily bases, such as lard, vaseline, wax, vegetable oil.
To heal crackings faster, it is possible to add to the basement such ingredients as:
- Olive oil.
- Castor oil.
- Sea buckthorn oil.
- Almond oil.
- Cocoa butter.
- Coconut oil.
- Herbal decoction (sage, chamomile, calendula).
- Essential oils.
- Vitamins E and A capsules.
The additives should be mixed with cosmetic basement in the proportion of approximately one to three (one portion of additives to three portions of bases). The mass must be then put in the refrigerator. Lubricate the lips several times a day to relieve symptoms and complete the healing of the cracked areas of your lips.
- Facial Care In Autumn
- Autumn Foot Care: How To Prevent Ingrowing Nail?
- How to Strengthen Your Heart In Autumn