Portal for patients

​Magnesium: Implications for Health

​Magnesium: Implications for Health
Section 4 of 5
Show topics list

Magnesium macronutrient (Mg) - anti-stress mineral and is a natural tranquilizer.

Magnesium is one of the most common elements in nature. It is an integral component of teeth and bones of humans and animals. In plants, it is a part of chlorophyll. Drinking water can be found with magnesium ions and sea water is rich in magnesium chloride.

Magnesium: Implications for Health

The human body contains 20-30 g of magnesium About 1% is contained in body fluids. The other 99% are in the bone (40%) and soft tissue (59%).

Magnesium Daily Requirement

  • Younger children: 55-80 mg.
  • Adolescence Children: 200-400 mg.
  • Grown men: 400 mg.

Need for magnesium increases in such cases:

  • stress,
  • large amounts of protein in the diet,
  • the rapid formation of new tissue in children, people involved in bodybuilding,
  • during pregnancy, breastfeeding,
  • receiving diuretics.

Magnesium Digestibility

It is absorbed in the duodenum and magnesium and slightly in the colon. When the body has excess fat, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, magnesium worsens digestibility. Note that magnesium is absorbed by reacting with the saturated fatty acids, but the excess of fatty acids prevents the absorption of magnesium.

Excess caffeine, alcohol, accelerate the excretion of potassium, magnesium excretion.

Useful Properties of Magnesium

Magnesium plays an important role in the human body. This macro element is required for the healthy functioning of about three hundred enzymes. Together with phosphorus and calcium magnesium forms the healthy bone.

Magnesium is involved in the metabolism of fats, glucose, amino acids, nutrients and transport energy. Magnesium participates in the process of protein synthesis, the transmission of nerve signals, the genetic information.

This macrocell is essential for maintaining the health of the cardiovascular system. The optimum amount of magnesium in the body reduces the risk of heart attacks.

Magnesium helps to normalize the muscle activity.

It lowers cholesterol and promotes the excretion of certain toxins.

Together with vitamin B6 Magnesium prevents the formation of kidney stones.

Magnesium increases the resistance to stress.

This macrocell inhibits the development of malignancies.

Magnesium salts help to cope with fatigue. It’s advised to take magnesium-containing supplements in chronic fatigue.

Sources of Magnesium

  • Rice bran, brown rice, cereals.
  • Sage, coriander and basil.
  • Dark chocolate.
  • Leafy dark green vegetables.
  • Lentils, beans.
  • Avocados, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, apricots (dried apricot) , apples, grapefruit, lemon.
  • Dairy.
  • Nuts, beans, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds.
  • Buckwheat honey.

See also:


No comments

Application for treatment
Sex
MTEC 2019 (eng.-com)