Vitamin C: Indications for the Use
Vitamin C is known to all from early childhood. This vitamin is not synthesized by the body, so it can only be obtained from food or artificial drugs - substitutes.
Vitamin C is indispensable in modern conditions and hectic lifestyle. It is a powerful antioxidant.
Ascorbic acid is involved in the synthesis of collagen. That's why it is one of the components used in cosmetics to combat wrinkles and firming the skin. In turn, collagen is important for skin beauty. The reduction of collagen in the vessel walls leads to their fragility, bleeding, and its lack of bone tissue leading to destruction of bone fragility. The increased concentration of collagen needed for rapid wound healing, so the process is slow at deficiency of vitamin C.
Indication for Vitamin C Use
- Prevention and treatment of beriberi and hypovitaminosis ascorbic acid.
- Improving mental and physical stress.
- As complex treatment of colds.
- When asthenic conditions .
- During the recovery period after diseases.
- Condition of pregnancy, especially multiple.
Using Ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin C is involved in the metabolism of certain acids, thus contributing to the formation of the hormone serotonin, norepinephrine, and special protein that is directly involved in the immune response.
- Ascorbic acid affects the quality of blood . Its presence in the blood prevents oxidation of hemoglobin.
- Vitamin C facilitates the absorption of iron by the body, helps to maintain a reserve of iron in it.
- Ascorbic acid normalizes cholesterol in the body, participating in its metabolism.
Vitamin C and Dealing With Stress
Intensive production of hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol occurs in the body during stress. Ascorbic acid is involved in the biosynthesis of these hormones and their transformations. Vitamin C to prevent oxidation of epinephrine contributes to increase its concentration in blood. Therefore, ascorbic acid is essential to relieve stress.
Vitamin C improves the ability of human adaptogenic in time and space. Thanks to these properties, vitamin C speeds up the process of acclimatization on long trips and flights.