Vitamin PP: Indications for the Use
Nicotinic acid (vitamin PP) is important for many oxidation reactions in the body cells. Its chemical composition is a crystalline white powder with sour taste.
Main sources of nicotinic acid are: kidney, liver, brewer's yeast, lean meat, bran, eggs, fish, cheese.
Vitamin PP Influence on the Body
- nicotinic acid has an important influence on the processes supporting health of the human body:
- healthy prevents cell transformation into cancer cells,
- supports healthy skin, oral mucosa, intestine,
- required the allocation of energy from fat and carbohydrates, protein metabolism,
- part of the enzymes providing respiration of cells,
- normalizes pancreas and stomach;
- positive effect on the cardiovascular and nervous system,
- is involved in the process of providing vision and eye health,
- reduces high blood pressure, improves blood circulation.
Indications for the Use of Vitamin PP
- Nicotinic acid is used in treatment of pellagra. Its use in the early stages of the disease leads to the disappearance of symptoms.
- Vitamin PP improves carbohydrate exchange, eases the symptoms of the initial stage of diabetes.
- Nicotinic acid is used in diseases of the heart, liver and duodenal ulcer and stomach.
- Recommended this vitamin in inflammation of the small and large intestine ( enterocolitis), poorly healing ulcers and wounds.
- Vitamin PP and has a vasodilatory effect.
- Nicotinic acid reduces blood levels of lipoproteins. Reception of high doses (3-4 g per day) lowered the serum concentration of beta-lipoproteins and triglycerides.
- Patients with elevated blood cholesterol vitamin PP normalizes its level.
- Nicotinic acid is used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially gastritis with reduced acidity.
- Assign vitamin PP and liver disease, sudden narrowing of the lumen (spasms) of cerebral vessels, kidneys, and limbs.
- Nicotinic acid is indicated for inflammation (neuritis) of the facial nerve, long nonhealing wounds, ulcers, atherosclerosis, and other infectious diseases.
- In hypovitaminosis nicotinic acid diet is necessary not only to enrich the vitamin PP, but also B vitamins are also advised to avoid direct sunlight and plenty of rest.