Vitamin B6: Indications for the Use
Vitamin B6, known as "pyridoxine" is needed for the metabolism process. It is taking part in the synthesis of hemoglobin, protein, histamine, enzyme and glutamic acid.
Functions of Vitamin B6
- Pyridoxine lowers blood cholesterol and lipids, and improves the contractility of the cardiac muscle, promotes the conversion of folic acid to its active form.
- Vitamin B6 is responsible for antibody formation, it is necessary for the work of the nervous system, facilitates the digestion of proteins and fats, promotes the absorption of glucose nerve cells involved in the creation of blood cells and is vital for the functioning of the liver.
- worth to know also that pyridoxine slows the aging process. It relieves cramps and muscle spasms, reduces the sensation of numbness in limbs, is a natural diuretic, prevents different skin diseases.
Higher doses of Vitamin B6 is needed for:
- pregnant and lactating women,
- people taking antidepressants, antibiotics;
- intaking oral contraceptives (for women);
- individuals involved in intense physical activity;
- people who use alcohol, smokers,
- patients with AIDS.
Indications for Vitamin B6 Use:
- hypovitaminosis of vitamin B6;
- toxemia of pregnancy;
- leukopenia different origins,
- diseases of the nervous system (neuritis, neuralgia, sciatica, Parkinson's disease, chorea);
- air and sea sickness,
- Meniere's disease (a disease of the inner ear),
- acute, chronic hepatitis .
There is evidence on the efficacy of it in the treatment of diabetes and atherosclerosis. Pantethine helps to treat high pressure and acting as a diuretic. Thus, vitamin B6 supports a healthy cardiovascular system.
Studies have been effective in treating pyridoxine depressive states. It has a positive impact on the production of serotonin and norepinephrine.
Vitamin B6 is applied to treat a number of diseases:
- dermatitis, neurodermatitis, psoriasis,
- exudative diathesis,
- state anxiety,
- bedwetting children and autism, and in adjuvant therapy in the treatment of epilepsy.
Vitamin B6 is a very significant element of a healthy body. Its intake should be regular in a balanced diet and a vitamin preparations.