Vitamin B2: Indications for the Use
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is good for health and beauty. Care must be taken for the diet to have sufficient amounts of vitamin B2, if you want to have healthy, smooth, elastic, youthful skin. The skin protects the body from the effects of adverse factors, so while taking care of it, you care about your health in general.
Indications for Use of Vitamin B2
- Hypo-and avitaminosis.
- Eye diseases, "night blindness" (day-blindness), conjunctivitis, keratitis, iritis, cataracts, Corneal ulcer.
- Chronic Hepatitis.
- Long unhealed wounds and ulcers.
- Chronic colitis, enterocolitis.
- Malfunction intestine.
- Violation diet.
- Radiation disease and infectious disease.
- Circulatory insufficiency, asthenia.
- Addison's disease.
- Hyperthyroidism (increased production of thyroid hormones .)
- Professional activities associated with salts of heavy metals and industrial poisons.
Vitamin B2 Deficiency Symptoms
In the absence of the reduced levels of vitamin B2 observed various unpleasant symptoms of health disorders and the development of diseases.
Symptoms for lack of riboflavin in the body include:
- weight loss and loss of appetite,
- headache, weakness, burning sensation in the skin,
- impaired ability to see at dusk, pain in the eyes,
- pain in the lower lip and the corners of the mouth.
Lack of riboflavin leads to diseases:
- angular stomatitis (brown and cracks in the corners of the mouth),
- inflammation in tongue and oral mucosa;
- seborrheic dermatitis labial folds, nose,
- hair loss, dermatitis, skin lesions,
- disorders of the digestive system:
- blepharitis, conjunctivitis, increased sensitivity to light, changes in the cornea,
- slow mental reaction, insomnia, dizziness.
Deficit of vitamin B2 is reflected mainly in the tissues rich in small vessels and capillaries (brain tissue). The lack of riboflavin may impair function of the thyroid gland and affect iron absorption in the body.