Vitamin B2: How Does It Work
Vitamin B2 comes into the body with the food. It’s also synthesized by microorganisms. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is popularly called "the engine of the body." It is involved in metabolism. Riboflavin supports healthy vision. It reduces eye fatigue, allowing the eyes to adapt easily in the shadows, prevents disease cataracts. Thanks to its promotion vitamin B6 goes into an active form.
How Does Vitamin B2 Works
- Riboflavin accelerates metabolic processes involved in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Vitamin B2 is involved in the formation of antibodies and red blood cells.
- Riboflavin is needed for proper growth and cell respiration. Thanks to it, cellular uptake of oxygen is accelerated.
- Vitamin B2 improves the performance of the vision. Together with vitamin A it reduces eye strain involved in the process of adaptation in the dark and is the prevention of cataracts.
- Riboflavin has positive effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract.
- Vitamin B2 minimizes the negative impact of toxins in the way of breathing.
- Riboflavin is required for the metabolism of tryptophan, which is converted in the body to niacin.
- One of the most valuable qualities of vitamin B2 is the ability to accelerate the conversion of the active form of vitamin B6.
Daily Requirement for Vitamin B2 in Russia, UK, USA
- Men in Russia: 11 - 14 years (1.7 mg.), 15 - 18 years (1.8 mg.), 19 - 59 years (1.5 mg.), 60 - 74 years (1.6 mg.), 75 years (1.4 mg.).
- Men in United Kingdom: 11 - 14 years ( 1.2 mg.), 15 - 51 year (1.3 mg.).
- U.S. Men: 11 - 14 (1.5 mg.), 15 - 18 (1.8 mg.), 19 - 50 years (1.7 mg.), 51 years (1.4 mg.).
- Russian Women: 11 - 18 years (1.5 mg.), 19 - 59 years (1.3 mg.), 60 - 74 (1 , 5 mg.), 75 years (1.3 mg.).
- Women in United Kingdom: 11 - 51 year (1.1 mg.).
- U.S. Women 11 - 50 years (1.3 mg.), 51 (1, 2 mg.).
- Pregnant women: Russian (0.3 mg.), UK (1.4 mg.), USA (1.6 mg.).
- Lactating women: Russian (0.5 mg.), UK ( 1.6 mg.), USA (1.8 mg.).