Vitamin B1: Indications for the Use
Vitamin B1 is sometimes called vitamin of optimism. Its second name is thiamine. It is significant for the full development and growth of the organism. Vitamin B1 is essential for the healthy functioning of the digestive, nervous and heart systems. It takes an significant part in the metabolism of carbohydrates and fatsin the body.
Vitamin B1 is water-soluble substance. In the body, it does not remain in reserve and is not toxic. Consequently, consumption of thiamine should be done on a daily basis. Also vitamin B1 is easily damaged by heat treatment.
Indications for Use of Vitamin B1
- Hypovitaminosis, thiamine deficiency disease.
- Diseases of the heart system (myocarditis, circulatory failure, endarteritis and others).
- Reception of vitamin B1 is required when using diuretics, as they accelerate the excretion of thiamine.
- Vitamin B1 reduces pain during neurological diseases, improves the work of the nervous system.
- Thiamine shown in peripheral paralysis, neuritis, polyneuritis, and other astheno-vegetative syndrome.
- Vitamin B1 is applied in dermatological practice in neurogenic dermatoses, eczema, itching of the skin of different origin, pyoderma, psoriasis.
- Vitamin B1 is applied for the treatment of brain dysfunctions. It favors improving the work of the brain, increasing studying ability and other mental abilities.
- Thiamine is applied for the treatment for depression and other mental illnesses.
- It’s applied for the stopping of Alzheimer's disease.
- Thiamine is applied for the cure of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, hepatitis, enterocolitis, liver cirrhosis , postoperative gastric disease, chronic pancreatitis.
- Vitamin B1 is applied for chronic gastritis and enteritis syndrome with low vapor absorption.
- Indication to get thiamine are diseases of the endocrine system and metabolic derangements.
Vitamin B1 acts as an antioxidant, shielding the body from the damaging effects of aging process , tobacco and alcohol.
Thiamine is useful for a continuous production contact with tetraethyl lead, carbon disulfide and when working in hot shops.
B1 - one of the most important vitamins necessary for human health. Daily diet should contain enough thiamine.