Vitamin D: Indications for the Use
Vitamin D refers to those without whom the body can not live. The connection between calcium and vitamin D makes the birth of healthy teeth and bones. Vitamin helps to promote immunity. It is resistant to high temperatures and is created in the body under the action of UV rays. Vitamin is soluble in organic compounds and fats, insoluble in water.
Indications for Use of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D regulates phosphorus and calcium metabolism in the human body. It promotes absorption of these vital substances in the intestines and timely deposition in bone.
- Reception of vitamin D is indicated for the treatment and prevention of bone diseases, rickets, caused by the disruption of calcium metabolism.
- Prescribed drug for the treatment of latent rickets, accompanied by irritability, changes in calcium metabolism, motor concern.
- Vitamin D is used to fix deficiency of parathyroid glands, accompanied by convulsions.
- This vitamin is also assigned to treat lupus.
Vitamin D and UV Radiation
- Provided that the body gets enough UV requirement for thiss vitamin is fully compensated. However, the amount of vitamin synthesized by the action of sunlight depends on several factors: the length of the light wave (medium wave spectrum, which is obtained in the morning and at sunset is considered the most effective).
- Natural skin pigmentation (darker than the skin, the less vitamin D is made under the influence sunlight).
- Age (mature skin loses its ability to synthesize it under the action of UV light).
- Degree of atmospheric pollution. Dust and industrial emissions are not passed to the UV rays of the body. This explains the high prevalence of the disease rickets in children living in industrial cities.
Sources of Vitamin D
- Plant products: parsley, alfalfa, nettle, horsetail.
- Animal products: butter, egg yolks, eggs, cheese and dairy products.
- Worth noting dairy products that vitamin D may be absent or present in minor amounts. Milk is rich in phosphorus, which prevents the absorption of vitamin D.
As a disadvantage, an overabundance of this vitamin is not good for health. Balanced diet, walking outdoors, healthy lifestyle will keep the balance of vitamin D in the body.