Vitamin D: Where Its Contained
Vitamin D is fat soluble and it is formed under the action of an ultraviolet radiation. The main function of vitamin D is to ensure normal growth and development of bones, preventing osteoporosis and rickets, especially in children. It promotes the deposition of calcium in the dentin, bone mineral metabolism adjusts. Enough vitamin D in the body reduces the likelihood of skin diseases, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, atherosclerosis, arthritis. Vitamin D enhances immunity, prevents muscle weakness. It is needed for normal blood clotting and thyroid functioning.
What Products Contain Vitamin D
Vitamin D is produced independently in the human body, but it needs enough sunlight. If UV is not enough, then you can get a rate of vitamin through food or vitamin complexes.
- Sufficient amount of vitamin D is presented in ocean fish, fish oil. It’s especially useful for fish oil in the winter, when there are very few sunny days.
- Vitamin D is contained in any kind of vegetable oil. The biggest concentration is in olive and sunflower oil.
- Mushrooms are also a source of vitamin D. It is important that it is not only in the raw, but also pickled, dried mushrooms. Just do not eat mushrooms growing in the city. It is dangerous for health, as they accumulate exhaust gases, heavy metals and other harmful substances.
- Various herbs and greens contain vitamin D. There are lots of it, for example, in parsley, which you can decorate and add almost all the dishes, and nettles, of which make soups in the summer.
- In small amounts vitamin D is present in potatoes and grain baked goods.
With a shortage of vitamin D human organism gives certain signals: dental caries, increased fragility teeth and bones. With a deficit of this vitamin that deteriorates health: reduced working capacity, problems with sleep.
Besides the lack is an overabundance of vitamin D. In this case, there is a lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, pain throughout the body, stone formation in the internal organs.
Avoid excess or lack of vitamin D by healthy lifestyle, separate and healthy nutrition.