Vitamin F: Indications for the Use
Vitamin F is soluble in fats. It consists of an unsaturated fatty acids produced from foodstuffs. Vitamin F easily collapses under the influence of light, heat, contact with air, which generates free radicals and the toxic oxides. Therefore, it should be taken in conjunction with antioxidants (beta-carotene, vitamin E, selenium). Effect of vitamin F becomes more strong during coadministration with vitamin C, B6, and zinc.
Best sources of vitamin F are: vegetable oils, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, soybeans, cocoa butter, avocado, oatmeal, brown rice, corn.
Indications for Use of Vitamin F
- Various skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema, acne, seborrhea, cracks, including anal).
- Eczema in babies.
- Allergic diseases.
- Inflammatory autoimmune disease.
- Prevention of phlebitis.
- Metabolic disorders of lipid.
Symptoms of Vitamin F Deficiency
Such deficiency is often observed in children aged up to a year. This may be due to a lack of supply of vitamin in the diet, a violation of the suction capability of the bowel or infectious diseases.
Vitamin F hypervitaminosis in children is manifested by
- weight loss,
- retarded growth,
- thickening of the epidermis, the skin peeling,
- loose stools, increased consumption of water while reducing the frequency of urination .
Adults have a deficiency of vitamin F as shown by the following symptoms:
- suppression of reproductive functions,
- the development of infectious and cardiovascular diseases;
- possible disease of hair, skin (eczema, acne), brittle nails.
Hypervitaminosis F happens very rarely and only in cases of its reception in the dosage form in high doses. In this case, you may receive heartburn, discomfort, pain in the epigastric.
Vitamin F performs many useful functions to maintain health and function of the body. To ensure that the skin will stay young and beautiful for as long as possible, you should regularly consume foods that contain this vitamin. Every six months (late fall and spring) are recommended multivitamin complexes to maintain immunity.