Breathing Gymnastics: Why And For Whom Prescribed?
Breathing gymnastics is a system of breathing exercises that focuses on the treatment of various diseases and general health promotion. With the help of breathing exercises you can get rid of such diseases as bronchitis, asthma, diseases of the upper respiratory tract, bone and ligament strain system diseases.
In addition to diseases prophylactics, breathing gymnastics is an excellent means of coping with stress, insomnia, fatigue, loss of strength, and even obesity. Breathing gymnastics is very important for weight loss because it helps to improve the metabolic processes that, in turn, help to burn excess fat and improve skin elasticity.
Types of breathing exercises
To date, breathing gymnastics is extremely popular, millions of people around the world are its adherents, as some types of breathing gymnastics help to get rid of many diseases and restore human vitality and health.
The most popular types of breathing gymnastics include:
- Breathing gymnastics used in yoga.
- Muller Breathing gymnastics.
- Buteyko Breathing gymnastics.
- Breathing gymnastics for weight loss.
- Strelnikova breathing gymnastics.
All these types of breathing gymnastics are mainly based on the exercises, which are based on the following principles:
- Artificial breath holding.
- Artificial breathing difficulties.
- Artificial slowed breathing.
- Artificial shallow breathing.
These elements can be combined under one common breathing name - respiratory depression, which gives a high healing effect in many diseases.
What is the effectiveness of breathing gymnastics
The basis of respiratory gymnastics is laid down under so-called accelerated breathing, which is characterized by deeper and more frequent execution of cycles "take a breath". The effectiveness of breathing exercises was known thousands of years ago. However, it should be understood that some exercises may be useful in certain diseases, while others are harmful. So before you start practicing breathing exercises, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Who can do breathing gymnastics and for whom it is contradicted
There are many exercises in breathing gymnastics that you can learn on your own with the help of textbooks or video tutorials, but to learn breathing exercises effectively, it is necessary to attend special classes. Indications for picking up classes of breathing gymnasitcs may be:
- Frequent respiratory diseases.
- Problems with the musculoskeletal system.
- Frequent fatigue.
- Desire to improve immunity.
- The desire to increase vitality and so on.
Although that practicing breathing gymnastics seems harmless enough, there are some contraindications. These include:
- Old age, when functional reserve of the body is severely exhausted. In such situations, a person can not perform physically some exercises, but he or she can pick up a set of lighter exercises.
It should also be remembered that there is no universal set of breathing exercises for all the diseases. In each case there should be selected individual complex, and this can be done only by an experienced, qualified specialist.
- Particular Sedatives Are Tied to Breathing Difficulties in Older COPD Patients
- Short of Breath? It Can Be COPD
- Breath Temperature Helps To Diagnose Lung Cancer