Sesame Benefits And Harms
Sesame has long been known for its beneficial properties. There is even a legend that it is a main component of a legendary of "elixir of immortality." Nowadays, sesame is widely used for cooking.It is used for baking, candies, sweets, oil making and seasonings.
Sesame seed: structure:
- Proteins - from 19 to 24%.
- Fat - up to 55-60% (mostly fatty acids - linolenic, linoleic, palmitic, oleic and stearic).
- Carbohydrates - from 14 to 16%.
- Proteinogenic amino acids - tryptophan and histidine.
- Trace elements - zinc, copper, iron, manganese.
- Macronutrients - calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Vitamins - E, C, B1.
- Phytoestrogens - sesamin (lignans).
Use of sesame
- Due to the high content of calcium, sesame is useful for everyone, including pregnant women. It helps to strengthen bones, to withdraw decay products from the body and normalizes the blood, increases the number of platelets, regulates hormones.
- Sesame oil is used for massage. Massage is especially useful for children, as it contributes to healthy sleep.
- Phytosterols, which is part of sesame seeds, is an analogue of the animal cholesterol. Harmful cholesterol is not absorbed into the blood, forcing it out and preventing the development of atherosclerosis.
- Sesame oil actively cleans the body of toxins, so it should be used for cooking meat dishes.
- We all know that a large number of estrogen can cause breast cancer, colon and testicular cancer for men. Lignans contained in sesame are analogues of female hormones, but, unlike estrogen, they do not cause cancer, however the regular use of sesame is an excellent prevention of cancer.
- Tryptophan and histidine are important amino acids derived from food that are necessary for the person for tissue growth and normalizing the emotional and mental state of the man. Sesame is rich in these substances, so if you constantly add sesame seeds to cooked meals, it can normalize emotional state, eliminates anxiety, relieves depression. In addition, tryptophan helps overcome cravings for alcohol and nicotine.
- Rich in vitamin composition, sesame is useful in case of various diseases and pathological conditions, such as asthma, anemia, shortness of breath, bleeding.
- Sesame seeds are useful in case of obesity and diabetes, as they help to improve metabolism, and withdraw toxins from the body. Sesame should be included in the dietary food.
- In the East, sesame is considered as a symbol of longevity and good health. It is used for the preparation of large amounts of sugary foods, added to the pizza, pita bread, hummus, Tahini and others.
- Benefit of sesame in cosmetology is inestimable, as sesame oil can delay the ultraviolet rays, helps with burns, minimizes allergic reactions, tightens pores, it is excellent to repair damaged hair. Sesame oil is widely used for the production of creams after sunburn.
- Sesame has oxalates in its composition, which contribute to the formation of kidney stones. People who have sand or stones in the kidneys must give up eating large amounts of sesame.
- Sesame is a high-calorie foods, so overweight people should use it with caution. Daily intake of it should be no more than three teaspoons a day.
- Green Bananas Are The Key To Great Health And Figure
- Bananas Reduce The Risk Of Stroke
- Pineapple: Useful Properties