Olives: Harms And Benefits
Since ancient times, the olive tree is considered to be the personification of life. This is not surprising, because its fruits are of a unique value for the human body.
There are two kinds of olives: green and black ones. The difference between these two types of olives is in the method of processing. Green olives are the unripe fruits of the olive tree, which at the same time retain all its useful properties. Black olives undergo chemical treatment with during the process of preservation, as a result, they acquire a specific dark color and lose their bitterness that is common for unripe fruits. It should be noted that both types of olives are equally useful for the organism, and eating them regularly is reccomended .
Useful properties of olives
Due to the fact that olives include a whole range of vitamins and minerals that have a positive impact on health, it is difficult to overestimate the benefits of olives. In addition to the positive impact on the functioning of internal organs and systems, olives have a positive impact on the appearance, namely the skin, hair and nails. For this reason, olive oil is very popular in cosmetology.
The use of olives for skin
First of all, olive oil contains trace elements, which protect the skin from the harmful effects of the environment, slow down the aging process of the skin, give it elasticity and firmness. Beauticians recommend to use means which include olive oil in the summer, since it helps to prevent the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
Even the most simple mask, prepared at home, will have a significantly positive effect on the skin. To prepare the mask it is enough to mix olive oil with lemon juice (in equal proportions) and apply to cleansed face, neck and décolleté for 15-20 minutes. This mask should be done twice a week and after a couple of weeks the rejuvenation effect will be obvious.
The use of olives for hair
Even in ancient Rome hit has been noticed that if one regularly appies to the hair warm olive oil, it will become more dense, healthy, shiny and its growth accelerates. it is considered to be the most effective hair mask that you can cook at home, especially since it 's very easy to prepare it.
The simplest mask for hair is made with olive oil warmed to body temperature, which should be applied to the hair from the roots and to the tips. Then carefully massage the scalp in a circular motion, put on your head a plastic bag and wrap a towel for forty minutes. Rinse off the mask with warm water with lemon juice without using shampoo. To improve the efficiency of mask for dry hair it should be done every other day for a month, for normal and oily hair it should be done twice a week .
The use of olives polish
Olive oil is not less useful for nails, since due to its unique composition, it helps to get rid of brittle nails for two to three weeks. Suffice it once or twice a day, apply warm olive oil to the nail plate and leave it for twenty minutes. To enhance the effect of olive oil, you can add other ingredients, such as Essential oils, honey, milk, lemon juice.
Hazardous properties of olives
Despite the fact that the olives have many positive properties, there are some contraindications to the use of olives and olive oil:
- The main drawback of olives is that they are known to be high-calorie food, due to high content of oil, so it is not reccomended to abuse this product for people who are overweight .
- Olive oil should not be warmed and it is not advisable to cook hot meals on this oil, as it loses its beneficial properties. Optimal use of olive oil is the one for salad dressings.
- It is not necessary to combine the olives or olive oil with milk and milk products . Therefore, the day you plan to eat yogurt, milk and other dairy products, exclude olives from the menu.
- It is s trongly not reccomended to eat olives for people suffering from cholecystitis, because they have a strong choleretic effect.
- Those who suffer from allergies should also be wary of Olives. But an allergic reaction may not be on the olives themselves, but on the marinade, which consists of preservatives. For such people it is desirable to eat olive oil instead of pickled olives.
- Grapes: Useful Properties
- Orange Juice Has Been Proved To Be More Beneficial Than It Was Previously Considered To Be
- Pineapple: Useful Properties