Pineapple: Useful Properties
Pineapple is one of the most useful tropical fruits, which can be found on store shelves. Besides the fact that the pineapple has a wonderful taste,it is also low in calories (one hundred grams of flesh contain just 48 calories).
How is pineapple useful
It is hard to overestimate the benefits that are brought by the fruit to our body. If you regularly use even a small amount of fruit to eat, then:
- You can " tidy up" the vascular system, as the pineapple perfectly cleanses the blood vessels from atherosclerotic plaques.
- Due to the high potassium content, this fruit helps get rid of excess fluid, remove the swelling, and along with it, it helps to get rid of a certain amount of adipose tissue.
- Pineapple slices improve appetite and stimulate digestion before eating.
- Eating pineapple for dessert will help quickly digest fatty foods and you will never suffer from excessive fat around the waist. The secret to this effect comes from the use of pineapple lies in its high content of bromelain that is a complex of active enzymes that break down proteins.
- In pineapple are also found the following vitamins in large amounts: B1, B2, B12, ascorbic acid, vitamin PP, provitamin A, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, iodine, manganese, and also a number of trace elements. Such a rich composition reduces blood viscosity and leads to normal blood pressure.
It is enough to drink a half of glass of freshly squeezed pineapple juice or eat a few slices of fruit a day for all of the above mentioned useful properties to fully influence your body.
How to choose a pineapple
Only ripe pineapple has a nice unique taste and to choose a fruit, you have to:
- Choose only those pineaples that are heavy.
- Even not sliced ripe fruit has a pleasant smell.
- Leaves and peel of ripe pineapple are to be separated effortlessly.
- The larger fruit size is, the greater the likelihood that it will be ripe and juicy is.
How to store pineapple
- Pineapple can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator.
- If the fruit is already cleaned and sliced, the pulp can be marked in polythene and securely fastened. In this form, the fruit can be stored in the refrigerator and freezed .
- Whole pineapple can be left for two or three days in a room at room temperature before eating, this will make it more soft and juicy. Unfortunately, the fruit will not become sweeter, because, like many other fruits , pineapple ripens only in the bud.
- If you drink 150-200 grams of fresh pineapple juice before air travel or marine boating, you can avoid nausea.
- 200 grams of pineapple pulp or a glass of juice will help from swelling . But to eat pineapple in any form is preferabe daily,however it sould be done only in small portions.
- It's amazing, but the flesh pineapple will help get rid of calluses and corns. It is enough to put a small piece of fruit to the affected area of the skin and leave it for the night, and in the morning one should steam the skin and remove it hardened part.
- Rubbing a slice of pineapple daily into the skin will save it from being greasy.
- But we should remember that abusing this fruit is bad, as active enzymes contained in the juice can damage the oral mucosa.
- Pomegranates Are More Useful Than Any Other Fruit
- Vitamin D Deficiency Increases The Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease
- What Winter Vegetables And Fruits Are The Most Useful