Rules Of Medications Storage At Home
Each house has a so-called "first aid kit", inwhich drugs are stored. Some medications are used regularly, some are "just in case". For some people "first aid kit" takes a whole wardrobe, while others have a small box. But drugs are stored in every home and it is a fact. Unfortunately, few people know what conditions you must adhere for the medication to be a reliable helper in time of need, rather than a dangerous poison that is always available.
Basic rules for the storage of medications at home:
- All of drugs should always be stored in a dry, cool place, so you should allocate a storage drawer or a box that will not be in close proximity to heat sources and where they will not be exposed to direct sunlight for them.
- One can absolutely not store medications in the kitchen near the food, microwave owen, oven, hob and other electrical or gas appliances.
- Tablets, capsules, dragees, lozenges, are not reccomended to be moved from packages from the factory in any other packs. Each drug must have the packaging and instructions with clearly specified name, expiry date, dosage and storage conditions.
- Tinctures and ointments are very sensitive to the effects of temperature changes and direct sunlight. After applying them it is necessary to put them back in a dark and cool place. Pills are more resistant to external factors, but, nevertheless, for the long-term storage they should also be moved to a cool, dark place.
- Bathroom is not the place to store medicines that are packaged in capsules or paper wrapper, as moisture will quickly destroy the packing and medicines will be spoiled.
- Medicine can be kept in the fridge only if is required by the clear indication on its package! Any medicinal liquids including creams, gels, ointments, and so on, should not be frozen if it is not specified in the instructions for use and storage.
- Never leave the house medications after the expiration date. Such medicines should be remvoed from home "first aid kit" immediately and moved to the trash!
- Asthma Drugs & Medicines
- Medicines Based On Fats Can Displace Antibiotics
- When Is It Better To Take Drugs