8 Rules For Healthy Sleep For Chlildren And Adults
Many young parents face the problem of the lack of sleep due to the fact that their children do not sleep at night. This problem is so common that it is almost considered to be the normal state of life, when there is a child, parents should forget about the full sleep for a year or two, as anyone who is lucky enough . But pediatricians have a different opinion htat implies the right approach, as you can develop a schedule in whichthere is enough time for a qualitative sleep during the day for both children and parents.
8 rules that will guarantee full sleep for both children and parents:
- Prioritize. It's hard to argue with the fact that children need healthy parents, including mentally healthy ones. They need adequate and rested mom and dad more than food and water! Therefore, parents' healthis a priority. Based on this, we should develop a daily schedule.
- Sleeping schedule is necessary to be established from the very first day from the childbirth. And this regime must comply with well-established one that was followed by the family before the childbirth. If you are used to going to bed at 22:00 and sleep up to 6.00 or to you sleep from 23.00 and to 7.00, it is your choice, but the child's sleep schedule should be built so that during this time heor she should be also asleep. One should get ready for bed beforehead and should not change one's habits.
- Be prepared to provide a place to sleep for a baby. It must comply with safety rules and be comfortable. From one year to three years ideally, cot should be in the parents' bedroom and after three years, cot should be in a separate bedroom. Today it is fashionable to get baby to sleep with his or her own parents, but pediatricians do not approve such an option as it is not relevant for the proper rest.
- Do not be afraid to wake the child up if he or she sleeps during the day for too long. There is a graph of the average daily needs of children in dream, depending on age. Thus, infants are asleep until 16 months should sleep up to 20 hours a day,when they are from 6 to 12 months, they should spend sleeping 14.5 hours a day, from one year to two years it should be 13.5 hours, from about two to three years - 13 hours, from 4 years - 11.5 hours,stariting from six years - 9.5 hours, after 12 years - 8.5 hours. Calculating how much a child can sleep in the afternoon is easy. If two year old child sleeps at night for 11hours, he or she should not sleep more than 2.5 hours during the day, or it will be very difficult for him to go to sleep at night.
- Optimization of feeding schedule. Optimizing feeding is necessary in the first two or three months. At this time, the child must have meal no more than two times during the night. From three to six months only one night feeding is allowed . After half a year the child does not need night feeding. So when the baby cries at night, it does not mean that the child should be given a meal. One may want to satisfy his or her instinct of sucking, hurt his tummy, or he or she may want to communicate. If we begin to meet these needs, we can forget about the health of the child's sleep. As for colic in the tummy, the overfeeding is the most common cause of this trouble. Be careful and do not overfeed your baby.
- Make your day active. Walking outdoors, naps on the street, outdoor games, knowledge of the world , exercising, all these activities contribute to a healthy baby sleep. Limit emotional stress in the evening. It is enough to read a book, watch a familiar cartoon, or sing a song.
- Preparing children's bedrooms to sleep. Just a few pointsThere should be clean fresh air in the bedroom and humidity should be below 50%, the temperature must be above 20, and preferably reach 16-18 degrees. This is an ideal environment for healthy sleep.
- Evening bathing. Many people underestimate the benefits of bathing in the evening, and this is the ideal mwans for the child to get tired and hungry. After bathing in the cool water mad having a meal, the baby should be got to sleep until morning.
- How Much Time To Spend Sleeping?
- Lack Of Sleep Disrupts Body Cells
- It Is not Necessary For A Child To Sleep At Night